Even though it was cold and rainy I had a very good time in Copenhagen visiting friends, walking around the city without getting “hit” by a bike, admiring the colourful houses, drinking coffee… it was “hyggeligt”! ( cosy in Danish)
I went to the top of the Round tower (Rundtaarn) which was built as an observatory and which offers wonderful views over the city.
The “Kissing bench” at the top of the Round Tower
I visited the “Glyptotek”, an interesting museum with great collections of Danish and French arts…. but also masterpieces from Egyptian, Roman and Greek collections.
My favorite sculpture here below
I enjoyed a good cup of coffee at the Café of the Glyptotek….
…. and relaxed for a while in the Winter Garden
I went to my favorite pizza place in Copenhagen which is Tino’s located in the area called “Christianshavn”. Buy a pizza there and find a spot next to the canals…and it will be “hyggeligt”!
Thanks for this time Copenhagen…. see you soon hopefully!
Yesterday morning I stayed a little bit long in bed and had a look at the beautiful city guide Copenhagen by Cereal Magazine and the latest edition of Rum International. I lived in Copenhagen many years ago and even though I have already some ideas of what I want to see, where I want to eat I was curious to see what is recommended to visit. I will be there in May for a few days so I won’t have a lot of time but here below are some of the things I really want to do….
- Walk around the city centre and admire the colourful houses…
2. Bike around the city without being afraid of getting hit by a car…
3. Go all the way up to the “Round Tower” to admire to magnificent view…
4. Enjoy a little “tour” in the botanical garden….
5. Shop “Made in Denmark” stuff….
6. Eat at some of my favorite restaurants together with friends…. (I will tell you more about my favorite pizza place in Copenhagen after my trip!)
7. Visit Tivoli, the famous amusement park located in the centre of the city…
Copenhagen… I am looking forward to see you again! Thanks for being such a “hyggelig” city!